The Woman Who Named God, by Charlotte Gordon

The Woman Who Named God: Abraham's Dilemma and the Birth of Three FaithsMy rating: 3 of 5 stars

My first impression of this book was that I would be reading a feminist's version of how slighted the lover of Abraham had been, and how the patriarch had wronged her repeatedly for the sake of following his God. However, the author blended well historical facts and traditional beliefs surrounding this saga, encompassing the three major world religions. No one religion was given preference over the others, and the manner in which the documented recordings were presented was not only easy to follow, but also very interesting. I neither felt like I was reading a fictional tale nor a dry textbook. The book was very enlightening and thought-provoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!